- Joshua Landis, "The Future of ISIS in Iraq and the Sectarian Response: ISIS has Picked a Fight it Cannot Win."
- Reidar Visser, Foreign Affairs: "More than Mosul: Nuri al-Maliki's Plans for a Divided Iraq."
- Graham E. Fuller, "Why America Should Let Iraq Resolve its Own Crisis."
- Robert Ford, MEI, "Robert Ford on the ISIS Offensive in Iraq."
- Bilal Y. Saab, The New Republic: "Blame These Two Countries, Not the United States, for the Current Crisis in Iraq."
- Martin Chulov, The Guardian: "How an arrest in Iraq revealed Isis's $2bn jihadist network."
- Elliott Colla, Jadaliyya, "Watching ISIS on TV."
- Letta Tayler, Foreign Policy: "Before the Fall: ISIS was wreaking havoc in Mosul long before it took over the city.".
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Amid all the uninformed debate on the news channels, a few refreshing oases of actual information and analysis, from varying perspectives (some require registration):