A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Couple of Notes on Blog Milestones

I see by the archive on the right that as of my last post, I've posted 903 times in 2011. And it's only December 15. I don't have a quota, and some of those posts are just links or photos, but others are pretty substantial; in any case it's the first time I've gone over 900. (No, I'm not going to write 100 posts between now and New Year's, so we won't hit 1000.) In 2009 (the blog launched in late January of that year),  I reached 855, and last year 767. That does mean, however, that more than 2,500 posts have appeared on this blog since its inception. Obviously the reason for the higher number this year is "Arab Spring," or since it's December let's use the increasingly popular "Arab Awakening," but I still thought it worth noting, even if I missed noticing both the 900 and 2,500 benchmarks precisely when they occurred.

No comments: