A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, September 19, 2014

Souag Beats Dead Horse, Kicks it Over Goal Posts

Or hits it out of the park. Lameen Souag is a linguist I quote from time to time, as I did a week ago tonight, on whether spoken Levantine is closer to Arabic or Aramaic. His latest,
Zombie hypotheses and the Zeitgeist, is more common sense.

I do hope that as a linguist he gives  points for my utterly inappropriate sports metaphors and hyperbole, especially in the title, even though as an Algerian educated in London and working in Paris he may have no clue what they mean.

1 comment:

Lameen Souag الأمين سواق said...

I like the idea of kicking a dead horse over the goal posts - sounds kind of like an extreme version of buzkashi!