A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogging in Morocco: An Introductory Guide

A site I wasn't familiar with, Global Voices, basically an aggregator site on worldwide blogging, has a useful introduction to blogging in Morocco. I have to thank Maghreb Politics Review for the link, and for their additional recommendation of Obiter Dicta, a French language Moroccan blog.

North African blogging is sometimes hard to fully monitor for those of us whose main focus is farther east: there are French language blogs, Arabic language blogs, even a handful of Tamazight (Berber) language blogs. Eventually I'd like to put together a really comprehensive blogroll of Middle Eastern blogs, but then, eventually I'd like to solve world poverty and hunger, too, and bring a just and lasting peace to the Middle East, but I'm a little busy with my day job, so don't hold your breath. Meanwhile, when I do find useful introductions, aggregations, or guides, I'll post them here.

No comments: