A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Syrian Ambassador at MEI

I had to miss Syrian Ambassador Imad Moustapha's presentation at MEI yesterday, but Marc Lynch has headlined it and analyzed it, and you can listen to the podcast at MEI's website.

Because I work from home on Fridays I'll admit I sometimes miss Friday events. And on this one, I thought it would be the same old boilerplate, and Marc Lynch seems to say that quite a bit of it was, but there do seem to have been some interesting signals there. I really think that there is a potential for a breakthrough on the Syrian track: but one I find it hard to picture Netanyahu taking. Anyway, I refer you to both Lynch's report and the original presentation.

No comments: