A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, June 12, 2009

Light Posting From Here to Afternoon

The three posts that appear just before this one were actually prepared last night and posted this morning. Posting will be light for the rest of the day, with a "Weekend Reading" selection sometime this afternoon.

My daughter finishes third grade today, with an awards ceremony this morning and then dismissal. I will be spending the day with her since my wife has to go to work after the awards ceremony and I have Fridays at home. I'll be taking the rising fourth grader to lunch and other things, but will post my reading selections later today sometime. The two posts below and this one will be it until then. The honorific "Daddy" always trumps "Doctor," "Editor," and such.

I will pledge to you that if a just and lasting peace in the Middle East is actually achieved between now and close of business today, I will somehow find time to post on it. Otherwise, you're on your own until late this afternoon.

No comments: