A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Exploding Tire Explanation Revisited

Okay, I'm still not convinced. Based on that picture, I still don't see how you get there from an overinflated tire. (Or else maybe I'll just stop riding buses.) But I should give the other side their argument: here's a piece in The National (UAE) arguing that it could, indeed, have been caused by a bus tire under high pressure. (Link was previously wrong, now fixed.) As I say, I'm not sold yet, but I'll let the experts have their day in court here as well.

1 comment:

alle said...

Link returns back to a MEI blog post.

The latest official explanation, as I've heard, is that the tire exploded which then set off the gas tank. I'll admit that's a lot more credible, but I guess the government has already lost the media battle...